Statewide Crisis Line - Behavioral Health Link
For crisis help 24/7, call: 1-800-715-4225.
In the State of Georgia, crisis mental health and addictive disease services are accessed by calling BHL's toll-free number. BHL's professional and caring staff are available any time day or night to help you or a loved one with a mental health crisis or problem with drugs or alcohol. They can help you schedule an appointment with the provider that best fits your need. Advantage is a part of this statewide system.
Since 1998, BHL has provided quality personal interaction through its crisis intervention and access services. Its programs are recognized nationally for setting a new standard of care, supported by emerging research in recent studies by experts from the University of Montreal, Rutgers University, and Columbia University.
BHL's approach to services comes from combining the compassion and caring of a community provider, but the sophisticated business model, software, and data tools of managed care. Yet BHL is neither -- its core business is crisis intervention and access.
We differentiate our hotlines, mobile teams, and disaster services by:
- Active engagement and collaborative problem solving
- Informed choice empowered by BHL's status as an independent broker
- Real-time connection to services through shared scheduling
- Active follow-up for those with urgent and emergent needs
- Least intrusive intervention, which results in better outcomes and reduced cost (fewer ER visits, inpatient hospitalizations, and law enforcement interactions)
BHL continuously monitors customer satisfaction and clinical outcomes, and company leaders actively participate in national committees. BHL will continue to implement innovative research-based ideas providing national leadership to help set the standard for hope and recovery for those in crisis.