Advantage operates the Homeless Day Service Center out of the new Athens Resource Center located at 240 North Avenue. We offer the following to individuals and families experiencing homelessness:
- A place to come in from the cold, heat, and rain
- A place to store essential items and personal belongings
- Ability to use the Center as a mailing address to receive mail from family and friends and regarding jobs and benefits
- Laundry facilities
- Food, clothing, blankets, and hygiene kits
- Access to computers and internet to research jobs, housing, and other services and to stay in contact with family and other supports
- Case Management to link to needed resources, including housing, and to teach skills to maintain housing
- Access to treatment for mental illness and addictive disease
- Job support and coaching to re-enter the workforce
- Access to financial assistance for housing, such as Rapid Re-Housing and the Second Chances Homeless Prevention program
- Assistance applying for Social Security Income/Social Security Disability Income Benefits through the SOAR program
While the Homeless Day Service Center is open to anyone experiencing Homelessness, the financial assistance programs require that you also have an active file with Advantage for Behavioral Health Systems. Staff at the Homeless Day Service Center can assist you with this.
Athens Resource Center for Hope (ARCH)
Advantage provides a wide array of services to Homeless persons and families in our catchment area. Through a unique opportunity afforded us due to the closure of the Navy Supply Corps School, Advantage has been able to expand our day services to this population and implement an innovative collaborative effort with 4 other providers in Athens-Clarke County--AIDS Athens, Athens Area Homeless Shelter, Athens Nurses Clinic, and Little Angels Daycare.
Athens Resource Center
What has commonly been referred to as a “one-stop shop”, the Athens Resource Center will house a variety of services to meet the needs of homeless individuals and families in the Athens-Clarke County area. The Athens Resource Center gives us an opportunity to expand current services, and co-locate others. Our goal is to offer services in one location so that all of your needs can be addressed, assisting you to move more quickly and more successfully from homelessness to stable housing. At the Athens Resource Center, you will be able to:
- Have a place to come in from the cold, heat, and rain
- Have a locker to store your personal belongings
- Use the Center as a mailing address to receive mail from family and friends and regarding jobs and benefits
- Do your laundry
- Take a shower
- Access needed items such as food, clothing, blankets, and hygiene kits
- Use the computer lab to research jobs, housing, and other services and to stay in contact with family and other supports
- Receive Case Management to link to needed resources, including housing, and to teach skills to maintain housing
- Receive Medical and Dental treatment
- Receive HIV testing and education
- Access education and treatment for HIV and AIDS.
- Receive treatment for mental illness and addictive disease
- Receive job support and coaching to re-enter the workforce
- Access financial assistance for housing
- Receive assistance applying for Social Security Income/Social Security Disability Income Benefits through the SOAR program
A residential neighborhood within walking distance of ARC will provide homes to families with children who are experiencing homelessness. ARCH Village, will provide 23 units of short and long-term supportive housing for homeless families with children. Athens Area Homeless Shelter will operate 18 of these units for families in need of intermediate transition. Advantage will operate the remaining five units for families needing a higher level of support and a longer transition to independence.
Little Angels Daycare
The Village Daycare Center will be operated through a partnership with Little Angels Daycare and will provide innovative and NAECY certified childcare to local families which children ages 6 weeks to 4 years at affordable and discounted rates. The daycare center is expected to open in July 2016. We are anticipating upto 62 slots for families needing daycare for their children.
For more information please visit the ARCH Website.