We welcome the opportunity to train future clinicians to meet the needs of individuals
who seek treatment for mental health, substance abuse and developmental disabilities.
Advantage provides extensive trainings, clinical supervision and the opportunity to
interact with and learn from a variety of licensed clinical staff and paraprofessionals
as well as doctors and nurses.
We work together as a team to address client and family needs within the parameters of
Advantage's mission and guidelines from the Department of Behavioral Health and
1. Signed, current Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Advantage and University of student
2. Available for 20 hours of work each week (does not mean 20 client sessions). Hours for practicums
which happen prior to student internship are set through written correspondence from the student’s
site supervisor and may be less than 20 hours during the practicum.
3. Intern must be available/willing to work for one full academic year on site (this can include practicum
4. Student must have personal, current liability insurance (Advantage must receive copy of proof before
5. Successful criminal background check, fingerprinting, and drug screen prior to acceptance.
6. Completion of all state required Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability
(DBHDD) trainings within the first 60 days of placement. Some training may require additional hours on
7. Successful completion of training in the electronic medical record system is required before interns
meet with any clients.
8. Campus supervision with staff/supervisor from the intern’s school.
9. If audio/video recordings of client/family sessions are required by student’s school for training, then
client must agree in advance of session and can change mind at any time. Students are responsible to
supply any/all equipment needed for recordings.
10. All counseling interns must attend schools that are currently CACREP certified. BSW and MSW social
work interns must attend schools that are currently NCSWE certified.
To request an application, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptance to the internship program is contingent on attending 14 days of orientation/training before the internship begins.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Fall Semester Internship | May 1st
Spring Semester Internship | October 1st
Summer Internship | March 1st