Veterans Administration Battling Silent Epidemic: Diabetes
VA Researchers are locked in battle with an enemy that is quietly maiming and killing thousands of Americans who have served their country. It's not PTSD, Depression, or TBI. Click here for more information about Diabetes.
- VA Community Provider Toolkit
- Veterans Mental Health
- Women Veteran Health Care: Implementing positive changes in providing care for all women Veterans.
- Veterans PTSD: VA's center of excellence for research and education on the prevention, understanding and treament of post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Veterans Public Health
- Health Benefits: Start here to learn what VA health benefits you are eligible for and apply for care.
Helpful Phone Numbers
- Health Benefits: 877-222-VETS (8387)
- Other VA Benefits: 800-827-1000
- Homeless Services: 877-424-3838
Items of Interest
- Compensated Work Therapy: A vocational rehabilitation program to match and support work ready veterans in competitive jobs.
- Disease Prevention: Advocating for health promotion, disease prevention, and health education for our nation's Veterans.
- Geriatric & Extended Care: Geriatric and extended care services for Veterans including non-institutional and institutional options.
- Homeless Services: To end Veteran homelessness within the next five years, VA offers a variety of resources, programs and benefits to assist Veterans who are homeless.
- Mental Health: Maintaining and improving the health and well-being of Veterans through excellence in health care, social services, education, and research.
- MyHealthVet: Anywhere, anytime internet access to VA health care information and services.
- Readjustment Counseling (Vet Centers): Offers service to Veterans and their families to aid their successful transition from military to civilian life.
- Rural Health: Improving access and quality of care for Veterans living in rural areas.
- Substance Abuse Programs: Treatments addressing problems related to substance use, from unhealthy use of alcohol to life-threatening addictions.
- Veterans Crisis Line: The Veterans Crisis Line (800-273-8255 x 1) is a toll free, confidential phone support line that connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring VA responders.
- Mesothelioma.com: A rare type of cancer, Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos and the inhalation of asbestos particles. Thirty Percent of Americans diagnosed with mesothelioma are veterans.